Trading in Crypto Currencies and engaging in related leverage transactions entails significant risks of financial loss. You should not commit funds to trading in or leveraging Cryptocurrency that you are not prepared to lose entirely. Market prices for Cryptocurrency can be volatile and highly unpredictable. Whether the future market price for a Digital Token will move up or down is a speculation and unknowable. The leverage available in trading Cryptocurrency allows you to establish a larger market position than an unleveraged position and therefore exposes you to a risk of greater loss than an unleveraged position.
You should not trade in Cryptocurrency or provide or accept leverage unless you understand the associated risks. This Risk Disclosure Statement discusses some of the principal risks of trading in Cryptocurrency and entering leverage transactions, but it does not and cannot describe every risk or consideration involved in holding, trading, or engaging in leveraged transactions in Cryptocurrency. This Risk Disclosure Statement forms a part of, and utilizes certain terms that are defined in, the Terms of Service.
Risks of trading Cryptocurrency and engaging in leverage transactions include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Cryptocurrency Market Risk: Market prices for Cryptocurrency can be volatile and highly unpredictable. Whether the future market price for a Digital Token will move up or down or even sustain a market value is a speculation and unknowable. Contingent orders, such as “stop-loss” or “stop-limit” orders, if permitted at all, may not necessarily limit losses to the expressed amount, and market conditions may make it impossible to execute an order or to obtain the stop price.
CAPITAL GROWTH LIMITED makes no representations or warranties about whether a Digital Token will always continue to trade in the Digital Token trading market. Any Digital Token is subject to delisting without prior notice in the sole discretion of CAPITAL GROWTH LIMITED.
2. Liquidity Risk: Markets for Cryptocurrency can at times become what is known as “illiquid,” which means there can be a scarcity of persons who are willing to trade at any one time. Thinly traded or illiquid markets have potential increased risk of loss because they can experience high volatility of prices and in such markets market participants may find it impossible to liquidate market positions except at very unfavorable prices. There is no guarantee that the markets for any Digital Token will be active and liquid or permit you to establish or liquidate positions in the Cryptocurrency when desired or at favorable prices.
3. Legal Risk: The legality of Cryptocurrency, trading of them or leveraging them may not be clear and may vary under the laws of different jurisdictions throughout the world. This can mean that the legality of holding or trading Cryptocurrency, or entering into related leverage transactions, is not always clear. Whether and on what basis a Digital Token may constitute property, an asset, or a right of any kind and what may constitute lawful leverage provision, might vary from one jurisdiction to another. You are responsible for knowing and understanding how the laws applicable to you or your property, rights or assets or to lending address, limit, regulate, and tax the Cryptocurrency you trade or the leverage you provide.
4. Cryptocurrency Wallet Risks: The Cryptocurrency transferred into your Cryptocurrency Wallet may be commingled with the Cryptocurrency of other users of the Site and with the Cryptocurrency of CAPITAL GROWTH LIMITED and its Affiliates. CAPITAL GROWTH LIMITED and its Affiliates are permitted to use your Cryptocurrency for their own benefit, investment, and use while accounting for them in your Cryptocurrency Wallet. Transferring your Cryptocurrency into your Cryptocurrency Wallet exposes your Cryptocurrency to risks of total loss from, among others things, security breaches from cyber attacks that hack and steal Cryptocurrency, electronic or technological failures that impede or prevent market access and market performance, recordkeeping errors, and any insolvency, bankruptcy, or material financial losses of or incurred by CAPITAL GROWTH LIMITED or any of its Affiliates.
5. Risk of Cryptocurrency Wallet Freeze: CAPITAL GROWTH LIMITED may freeze your Cryptocurrency Wallet in the event that you are believed to be engaged in suspicious activity or to be in breach of any of the Terms of Service. If your Cryptocurrency Wallet is frozen, you will not be able to trade or to make transfers to or from your Cryptocurrency Wallet. This may result in the closure of your open orders.
6. Market Default Risk: CAPITAL GROWTH LIMITED operates and administers the trading platform for the Cryptocurrency, but CAPITAL GROWTH LIMITED is not a counterparty to any trade and has no financial responsibility or liability for any failure of market participants to honor their financial obligations. There is always a risk that one or more market participants will renege, default, or otherwise fail to honor their financial obligations or will be unwilling or unable to abide by the terms of their agreements. In the event that risk materializes, other market participants can and likely will incur financial losses or reductions in gains from their own open positions in Cryptocurrency.
7. Risks Associated with Financing Activities: When you finance a purchase or sale of Cryptocurrency on a peer-to-peer basis, you run the risk of losing your provided financing. CAPITAL GROWTH LIMITED is not a counterparty to any leverage transaction and has no financial responsibility or liability for any failure of market participants to honor their financial obligations. Similarly, when you accept financing to enter a trading agreement, you accept the risk of not being able to repay that financing (e.g., if the market price of the Digital Token you purchased with the financing falls). Participants should know all of the terms of any contracts they enter and how their trading strategies and other market and risk factors can affect their financing obligations.